Sunday, January 10, 2010

How Much is Too Much?

While responding to a comment on an earlier post, I remembered something I read on solotripping.com (a very informative and welcoming site for those with extremely small tripping groups). The forum member was explaining how to figure out the proper number of canoes one should own. The answer:

n + 1, with n being the number of canoes you already own.

That made me chuckle, but it really fits how I feel about canoe trips and rabbit hunting. I always want to get one more in each season. Sometimes, the number is as low as 0, and I suffer severe bouts of cabin fever or landlubberitis. It's been a long time since I felt fully satisfied with the number of canoe trips or rabbit hunts in one season.

Is it the end of the world? No, just the state of my personal feelings of well-being based upon preferred avenues of recreation. Not very important at all in the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment