Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not Again!

Two apologies for blogging lapses in a row? I am a terrible blogger! So what has occurred these past two months? First, my trip to Algonquin Park was a fun adventure. 8 days instead of 9, half of them rainy. I plan on publishing a trip report eventually, but I am still waiting to get copies of the pictures (soon, please, Brent and Bryan?). I could relive the afternoon on Burntroot Lake over and over. Relaxing in a hammock strung between two cedars, blue sky, peace.

Over the Labor Day weekend, I took my daughters to a campground on the Au Sable River in Michigan. We shared a big tent with my brother-in-law and two nieces. It rained most of the time, but we had a great time and met some awesome new friends. We paddled a short section of the river that Sunday, and Anna impressed me with her first try at paddling bow! A wonderful daddy/daughters trip.

Lastly, Anna's 6th birthday was a week after Labor Day. I fueled her budding passion for hunting by buying her a hunting vest. Now she will match Daddy when she goes rabbit hunting! I'm looking forward to initiating the vest with its first rabbit soon. That's not too self-serving of a gift, is it? Is it as bad as a dad who buys his kid a video game that they can play together, then plays it for hours after the kid is in bed? I don't think it is.

2 comments:

  1. My grandfather (the WWII vet) called and said that he is sending Mark his 20 gauge shotgun for rabbit hunting.

    I don't know how to tell the old man that I don't plan on letting Mark use if for several years, legal or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUCC is working on a bill with a state senator to change the hunting age. They want to give parents the decision of when kids are ready and mature enough to hunt. So maybe you won't have to wait as long as you thought.

    ReplyDelete