Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Musings Pertaining to Algonquin

My mind wandered off in the direction of the Ottawa River, as it is apt to do any time that I have work to do. An interesting thought formed as I remembered images of driving to Algonquin Park, butterflies in my stomach from nervous anticipation.
"Would Algonquin be as special to me if it was only a couple hours' drive, instead of several hours?"
On the one hand, I have met and know of many Canadians who live closer to AP than me, and continue to go back year after year.
On the other hand, I can recall how bored I sometimes became when I lived in a more rural area of Michigan with fewer diversions nearby.
Still, I return to my parents' land to hunt, several times each year, and I still enjoy the thrill of the chase and the beauty of the surroundings.
So perhaps this is a wasted internal debate, or perhaps it is useful to reinforce the reasons why I enjoy certain places so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment