Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Extended Thanksgiving

Yesterday I spent much of the day on a successful deer hunt. What I mean by successful is that my buddy and I left the field with a deer. I shot at a deer, but did not hit it. But my friend Carl shot truer (and more often), killing a young buck. Compared to my typical days hunting deer, I saw a lot of them. I have had many days where I haven't seen a single deer; yesterday I saw about fifteen. Working together with Carl to kick up the deer hiding in the grass, and pushing a group toward him so that he could harvest one, gave me a great sense of satisfaction. Returning home safely to be with my loving wife and daughters was even better. After spending all day Thursday with family (including my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and nieces from Texas), this was like a 48-hour Thanksgiving. It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. What did you use to scare the deer? Your "pompous" attitude or your killer tan lines?

    ReplyDelete